2. "Personal Information" means information that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information or from that information and other information that is held by or is likely to be held by us.
3. It is our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information held by us is processed fairly and lawfully. We will take all necessary steps to implement this policy. All our employees and data processors that have access to personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
4. It is our policy to ensure that, when dealing with personal information, all relevant statutory requirements are complied with, including the eight Data Protection Principles contained in the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), and to monitor our internal procedures periodically to ensure compliance.
5. In order to provide the services offered by the site ("the Services"), we need to collect and hold certain personal information. Except to the extent that we are required or permitted by law, any personal information which we collect will be used solely for the purpose of providing the services, and we will not hold it for any longer than is necessary for this purpose.
6. When you view the Site, we may store some information on your computer. This will be in the form of a cookie file and or other tracking software (referred to here as "Cookies"), which will enable us to tailor the Site to match your interests and preferences. The"Cookie" will store your personal information for this purpose. Your internet browser may allow you to erase the "Cookie", block all "Cookies" or receive a warning before a "Cookie" is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions. In some instances unless the "Cookies" are accepted, you will not be able to access parts of the site.
7. Personal information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area in order to perform the Services. In using the Services you consent to such a transfer. In addition, if you put personal information on publicly available parts of the site, this will be accessible to persons in countries outside the European Economic Area, which may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist in the European Economic Area.
8. We may from time to time use your personal information to send you information by telephone, fax, email, SMS or post about ourselves, our special offers and other information that you may find useful. If you do not wish to receive this information please contact us by post at: Customer Services, 2-4 Comus Street, Salford, Manchester, M5 3BQ.
10. You can find out what personal information we hold about you by writing to us at Customer Services, 2-4 Comus Street, Salford, Manchester, M5 3BQ. Your request must be accompanied by payment of £10. We will acknowledge your request within 14 days. Should we be required or entitled not to disclose your personal information, we will give reasons for any such refusal.
11. If any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect or needs updating, or if you want us to delete any of your personal information, please contact us at Customer Services, 2-4 Comus Street, Salford, Manchester, M5 3BQ. We may request that you provide further information and identification to enable us to comply with this request.
12. We regard our databases of client information (which will include your personal information) as a valuable asset. Should we sell or transfer any of our business assets this may include the sale or transfer of such databases of information to third parties. In addition, such a transfer or sale may mean that your personal information is transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. In using the Site Services you consent to such use of your personal information and identification to enable us to comply with this request.